“Obedience training is an extremely important skill that is essential when it comes to developing human-animal relationships and critical for creating a socially acceptable dog”.
A dog that doesn’t jump up, that sits when asked, that walks calmly on the lead is much more likely to be accepted in society, be more enjoyable for an owner and have a better quality of life.
Woodside Animal Centre offers a range of training courses for all ages of dog. Our courses aim to provide a means of socialising for puppies and an opportunity to learn the acceptable way of mixing for adult dogs. Our ultimate aim is to lay down a basic level of understanding and training for all owners. Our fully qualified instructors are friendly and approachable and are always happy to help.
- All dogs must be fully vaccinated
- All skill levels are welcome
- Dogs are required to be social with people and dogs or not a threat to other class members If you are unsure please call us for an appointment for us to observe your dog to determine eligibility (If you require behavioural assistance please contact us for further advice)
COST AND DURATION
Woodside classes are £75 for an 8-week course
COURSE BREAK DOWN
Week 1 is a talk night (no dogs) which includes-
- Discussing the course content in more detail
- Being informed of what you need to bring with you for training
- Vaccination card check
- A chance to discuss any behavioural issues
- A chance for everyone to meet each other and learn what types of dogs are on the course
This is followed by 7 weeks of training (please note all dog training is done outside in a covered/ lit exercise area)
The training is assessed by means of an achievement diary. There is no exam at the end of the course.
PASS/ NOT READY
All candidates will receive their diaries on completion of the course. To pass the course the dog should be able to perform all exercises. If successful candidates will also receive a Woodside rosette.
HOW TO BOOK
We do require full payment to secure all bookings. Bookings can be taken at Woodside Animal Centre in the on-site shop, over the phone or via credit card or PayPal on our website.
REFUNDS OFFERED You may cancel your booking no later than 7 days before the start date of the course and recive a full refund.